RN Case Manager Hospice
Alpha Omega Hospice is currently hiring Full-time Compassionate Registered Nurse Case Managers (RNs) to provide patient care in and around the Brownwood Area!
We are looking for high energy, compassionate, detail-oriented Registered Nurses (RNs) to be Hospice Case Managers for our patients. Our Hospice RN Case Managers plan, organize, and direct hospice care utilizing the nursing process of assessment planning, interventions, implementation and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, caregivers, families and other interdisciplinary team members whiles maintaining standards of professional nursing and clinical competency. We are committed to providing The Best Care Possible!
Alpha Omega Hospice is a premier provider of end-of-life care. Our family of hospices provide quality care through our mission-oriented and patient-centric services. We are growing rapidly and are looking for skilled individuals to join us in our journey.
We offer excellent compensation and an industry leading benefits package that includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company matching 401(k)
- GENEROUS time-off package (20 days PTO & 9 Holidays)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Certification Assistance
- Wellness & Discount Programs
- Cell Phone, Mileage, & Gym Membership Reimbursement
If you are looking for a career with a purpose and a supportive team culture, then this is the position for you!
- Reviews clinical referral information and responds to request and inquires as appropriate. Collaborates with Patient Care Manager regarding the eligibility and appropriateness of client for hospice services.
- Completes an initial comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es) while being aware of the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects. Gathers data on social, economic, and cultural factors which may influence health, well-being and quality of life.
- Acts as RN Case Manager and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload and provides direct care to patient maintaining the highest level of comfort and quality of life.
- Applies nursing principles and techniques in the treatment of patients. Provides nursing care, emotional support and education to patients and families. Encourages patients and family members to participate in the patient's plan of care to meet established goals.
- Participates in On-Call duties as assigned and defined by Patient Care Manager and Program Director.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care preferred.
- Hold current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as an RN in a medical surgical/acute care setting.
- Hospice/home health experience preferred but not required.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs, including background in EMR.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- CMS requires that all patient-facing staff, as well as those that are in contact with patient-facing staff, be fully vaccinated, or have a documented religious or medical exemption. This important rule is required for all healthcare organizations that receive federal funds through Medicare or Medicaid.